[PD] Filters...

Derek Holzer derek at umatic.nl
Mon Apr 12 22:21:00 CEST 2010

The frequency components introduced by aliasing cannot be removed (at
least not by low-pass filtering) once introduced, and this happens at
the level of signal generation, not at the interface to the dac. Since
it is the phasor which is actually aliasing, it needs to be antialiased
with a low pass filter before it continues on the a lower sampling rate.
So the signal source and the filter need to be in the same upsampled
subpatch.

Best!
D.

=