[PD] pd and multi-core processors

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Tue Apr 13 17:04:40 CEST 2010

On Apr 9, 2010, at 8:29 AM, Martin Peach wrote:

> Matteo Sisti Sette wrote:
>> > I wonder if it would make sense
>> > to do the same with 2 pd instances doing audio, and exchange audio
>> > between them. Maybe I could try that with Jack.
>> Why isn't there a [netsend~] and a [netreceive~] object?
>
> They are in svn but don't get compiled in the nightly builds. I
> copied them to [mrpeach/udpsend~] and [udpreceive~], which do get
> compiled.

IMHO, the best plan going forward for all these great network objects
would to make them a standalone library based on externals/template.
Perhaps it could be called something like 'peachnet'?

"Making boring techno music is really easy with modern tools, but with
live coding, boring techno is much harder." - Chris McCormick