[PD] pd.exe as a virus

Lorenzo lsutton at libero.it
Wed Apr 14 09:13:02 CEST 2010

> Maybe it's because Pd opens a network connection to the wish
> application on the same machine and some antivirus programs think
> that's suspect, since for all they know the other program could be
> doing something nasty; they should really check that the other program
> is networking to the outside world but that would be too much work.
But I must say this has never happened to me from the antivirus. What
did happen on some 'fresh' windows (XP) installs is that you got get the
dumb windows firewall warning to which you simply add an exception.

I guess it would also be good to file a false-positive notification to
the antivirus vendor.

Lorenzo