[PD] nusmuk_audio WAS: Max Smoother Audio than Pd?

Alexandre Porres porres at gmail.com
Thu Apr 15 19:31:12 CEST 2010

> pd is just a tool for learning dsp, there is no such project that show how
> pd is cool to make people moving on the dance floor.

Is that what you are really expecting pd to be or sound like? Well, indeed,
I disagree Pd would be a proper tool for that. And you are really wrong to
assume pd is only a tool to study DSP, although it is in fact really good
for that as well.

Now, you are missing completely the points of using Pd, and if you can't
imagine why you would need pd to do things that you can only do in pd, maybe
pd is not for you... no, it ain't a money maker for the dance floor dj...

I see musicians and artist that see why they need to do something in pd and
ask for help. It is common to have an artist creating a piece that uses Pd
without knowing how to program it, but working in conjunction with a
programmer.

And of course, Pd can be only a minor (but essential) thing on the
project... you don't need to reinvent the wheel in Pd, or just use Pd if you
are using it... there is no rule for that... in a sense that I don't see
there is such a thing called "pd music".

> who is the musician, Pierre Schaeffer, or Pierre Henry?

I dont see the point here... Of thousands of people who work with computer
music/technology, do we only have mostly Pierre Schaeffers out there? Is
Pierre Henry the Only guy who gets to be a musician? If someone is using pd
then he can't be Pierre Henry or many other thousands of people I know
besides him that are actually great musicians?

And yeah, nobody cares if someone comes out and says; "Hey, look what an
amazing I have here, I got a Clarinet!!! And I built it... or someone who's
really good built it for me!!!". All we want to know is, what do you do with
it, right? And we don't really care about the Clarinet. And if you don't
like it, don't blame it on the clarinet...

cheers