[PD] puredata_gui_design

Lorenzo lsutton at libero.it
Fri Apr 16 12:07:08 CEST 2010

András Murányi wrote:

> One (hard) aspect of GUI design in case of Pd is that the GUI widgets
> are provided by Tcl/Tk at the moment, which does not allow for such
> kind of skinning, afaik. There has been talk, however, about migrating
> to another GUI toolkit.
Really? Which one?

As a comment on the designs which graphically look very cool... this
will probably be unpopular... but I *wouldn't* second segmented or curvy
chords (like in some other popular dataflow programs) as I think they
tend to make patches (and one's coding) less clear and in the end a bit
"messy".. but it may be me, as I do tend to become messy and like
something which constraints me not to :)

Lorenzo