[PD] puredata_gui_design

colet.patrice at free.fr colet.patrice at free.fr
Fri Apr 16 15:19:50 CEST 2010

segmented and curvy cords comes with another patching design,
 like in maxMSP where almost all the time the messages order doesn't have an importance.

 Also it's said by some users that max patches works better when everything is in the same subpatch,
and that is not the case with pd.

 Many other has explained, certainly better than me, why not using those cords in list archive.

 Also, the project of designing other interfaces for pd is really seducting,
 and there is already some projects that allow the use of another GUI, like

the J. Sarlo's Graphical Interface Editing Tool and Run-time Environment (cpu glouton)
or
T. Grill's python wrapper and tkinter. (require python knowledge)
or
HC's [sys_gui]  (require tcl knowledge, and very slow response)
or
[mixed/toxy/tot] (unstable, require tcl knowledge)
and
xi widgets that require tcl/tk 8.5, a working [widget] external, and half a dozen of tk libs.

 There are also other projects using pd sources with another GUI design like desiredata