[PD] phasor~ and osc~ right inlet: exact timing

Matteo Sisti Sette matteosistisette at gmail.com
Fri Apr 16 16:00:01 CEST 2010

 > Actually, I think (it's not the first time I say that, I guess), that
 > all inlets of object classes, which have signal outlets (or all
 > objects that convert from message domain to signal domain) should
 > take the exact timing into account.

Yeah! No object should be left out! Every single object should take
exact timing into accounts, or at the very least, have a "v" counterpart
that does (I guess the objects that don't are faster, so when sub-block
accuracy is not needed one may actually prefer the "inaccurate" version).

By the way, you say all those objects that convert from message to
signal domain. Why not the other way round too? I always wished there
was a [vthreshold~] for example.
Or is it physically impossible? I mean perhaps you get the information
one block too late?

 > Also it is cumbersome to have to know which object
 > classes support exact timing and which not.

Absolutely!

thanks
m.

--