[PD] puredata_gui_design

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Fri Apr 16 20:11:10 CEST 2010

On Apr 16, 2010, at 5:45 AM, András Murányi wrote:

> Hello Honki,
>
> On Thu, Apr 15, 2010 at 10:44 AM, red honki <pdintw at gmail.com> wrote:
> hi,
> i am honki.
> i do some designs about puredata.
>
> illustration:
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/honki/sets/72157607652279654/
>
> gui:
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/honki/4522863658/
>

> The designs are cool!
> I just don't understand how the VU meter is supposed to work - it
> looks like a spectrograph...
>
> One (hard) aspect of GUI design in case of Pd is that the GUI
> widgets are provided by Tcl/Tk at the moment, which does not allow
> for such kind of skinning, afaik. There has been talk, however,
> about migrating to another GUI toolkit.

You can actually do quite a bit of 'skinning' with Tcl/Tk.  And it
should be doable totally within a pd-gui-rewrite plugin.  Checkout the
'gtklook-plugin.tcl' for a simple example.

.hc

> i wnat to know where i can find pd log svg ?
>
> Can you reformulate the question please?
>
> Andras

'You people have such restrictive dress for women,’ she said, hobbling
away in three inch heels and panty hose to finish out another pink-
collar temp pool day.  - “Hijab Scene #2", by Mohja Kahf