[PD] puredata_gui_design

errordeveloper at gmail.com errordeveloper at gmail.com
Sat Apr 17 12:29:55 CEST 2010

I have made a little plugin widget for QTdesigner (well, you really
wanna use QTcreator IDE) that connects to pd via a TCP socket and you
can specify the hostname ..
you can add sliders and buttons and whatever and it all works quite
fine.
there's very little to the code, in fact it's damn minimal, so i reckon
the v0.1 is pretty much bugfree..
i haven't yet sorted any hosting ..neither i wrote a README,
but if anyone is interested i'm post it here.

i have attached a screenshot of one layout that i made with it ..

there a few limitations ..ATM i hope i will manage to overcome those by
incorporating OpenGL widgets ..))
also one main thing now to is configure QT-embedded to work with
DirectFB, then i'd make some more widgets ..
well ..SVG could be nice, but i haven't yet figure how to do it in QT in
nice a streight forward way.
but there some really nice svg widget example on the Nokia's website :)

anyone interested to try my 'qpd' please drop a line,
i'll need to install qt4 with qtcreator ..i'm not sure about all the
dependencies qt4-devel and stuff like that is probably required,
nothing else major appart form that.