[PD] Elephant Talk - Was: Re: puredata_gui_design

errordeveloper at gmail.com errordeveloper at gmail.com
Sun Apr 18 01:17:54 CEST 2010

On Sat, Apr 17, 2010 at 04:30:52PM -0400, Mathieu Bouchard wrote:
> On Fri, 16 Apr 2010, András Murányi wrote:
>
>> One (hard) aspect of GUI design in case of Pd is that the GUI widgets are
>> provided by Tcl/Tk at the moment, which does not allow for such kind of
>> skinning, afaik.
>
> Tcl/Tk up to 8.4 allow some amount of configuration... at least much more
> than has ever been used by anyone in pd.tk.
>
> Tcl/Tk introduced the TkTile toolkit, for which I've heard that the big new
> feature is that you can skin it. I haven't tried it myself. Meanwhile, I'm
> using Pd-Extended with Tcl/Tk 8.5 while, officially, this very same version
> of Pd-Extended is said to "not support" Tcl/Tk 8.5. On top of that, Miller
> still wants to support Tcl/Tk 8.3 for some upcoming releases, and such
> things that were already becoming obsolete in 2003.
>
>> There has been talk, however, about migrating to another GUI toolkit.
>
> Talk, talk, talk, it's only talk.
> Arguments, babble, bicker bicker bicker, brouhaha, it's only talk.
Elephant Talk!

Matju, how about an elephant talk synth?
may be it could also be a default patch loaded at start,
a pd-jingle, hey! :))
why not, ..hm now Fripp makes sounds for M$ ..but well
may be we could ask Him to do some for us too?
pd could have some sound effects ..like add an object could play a
bubelly sound and deleted object shall play an appocaliptic trumpet :))