[PD] pix_video v4l

august august at alien.mur.at
Sun Apr 18 14:50:28 CEST 2010

> august wrote:
> > Hey,
> >

> > 	Anyone have an idea how to fix Pixes/videoV4L.cpp  so that it makes
> > 	the right ioctls?
> >

> please don't!
> "videoV4L" is the backend for video4linux-1 devices.
>

> > ### v4l2 device info [/dev/video0] ###
>
> whereas you have a video4linux-2 device.
> so videoV4L is not for you, but videoV4L2 is.
> it seems like the version of Gem you are using, is compiled without v4l2
> support.
> you need libv4l-dev in order to enable it.
>
> this will make v4l2 the default backend.

ok, I figgered as much out already in the mean time.

I recompiled Gem with v4l2, but now have the same problem as these two
guys:

http://puredata.hurleur.com/sujet-2223-gem-pix-video-firewire-linux
http://lists.puredata.info/pipermail/gem-dev/2008-09/003669.html

again, the camera works perfectly with xawtv, mplayer, openframeworks,
and any other v4l2 app out there.

I'd also mention that the Gem code still uses an archaic ffmpeg version.
I can compile without it, but it is a shame not to have those features.

http://lists.puredata.info/pipermail/gem-dev/2008-01/003300.html

> fgasdmr
> IOhannes

¿que es fgasdmr?