[PD] PD] Zen Garden re-implementing the wheel in C++?

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Tue Apr 20 09:18:24 CEST 2010

On 2010-04-19 18:56, Vilson Vieira wrote:
> Guys,
>
> and how about PD-anywhere? How ZenGarden is influenced by? Isn't them so
> similar?

no, the only similarity between the 2 is, that both run on computers
(you could say "smallish computers", but compared to computers some
years ago, there is not so much difference in size between a sharp
zaurus, an eee pc and a an I Phone.

Pd-anywhere is a Pd-port to arm-architectures (fixed point maths),
whereas the I Phone has an FPU built in.
so the original version of RjDj (aka Pd-on-I-Phone) only needed slight
modifications, in order to interface with the OS.
Pd-A had to do more modding, as it had to re-implement a lot of ugens,
to fixed-pointify them.
ZenGarden is a new implementation of the "Pd language" (which is a bit
hard to do, as the language is nowhere defined)

all this is only guess work, as i am not part of these projects.

fgmasdr
IOhannes