[PD] routeOSC weirdness

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Wed Apr 21 15:02:55 CEST 2010

On 2010-04-21 14:53, Matteo Sisti Sette wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I don't understand the behaviour of routeOSC (and OSCroute which behaves
> the same, but I won't use it:).
>
> It seems it only works with one-level arguments, that is:
>
> [routeOSC /foo]
>
> works as I expect:
>
> "/foo 123" -> "123" on first outlet
> "/foo/bar 123" -> "/bar 123" on first outlet
> "/anythingelse 123" -> "/anythingelse 123" on the second outlet
>
> However, if I try with
>
> [routeOSC /foo/bar]
>
> it seems that EVERYTHING gets routed to the right outlet, as if it
> didn't match...
>
> Or am I missing something?

[routeOSC] will only match the first part of the address.
you cannot match multiple address parts at once.
since /foo/bar contains to address parts (/foo and /bar) it won't work.

do

[routeOSC /foo]

[routeOSC /bar]

if this is what you want.

the help-patch doesn't make this explicit.
but its the same for [route]:
you don't expect [route foo bar] to output '42' from the "foo bar 42"
message :-)

fgmasdr
IOhannes