[PD] Do not use OSCx. Use mrpeach's externals instead

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Thu Apr 22 09:08:04 CEST 2010

On 2010-04-22 03:18, Mathieu Bouchard wrote:
> On Wed, 21 Apr 2010, Roman Haefeli wrote:
>> On Wed, 2010-04-21 at 13:30 +0200, Matteo Sisti Sette wrote:
>>> A way could be to include help-patches (which are missing right now)
>>> and put a comment that read "DEPRECATED" in each of them.
>> Absolutely.. Again, it seems just a matter of someone doing the work (tm)
>
> It's not just that. I wonder if IOhannes is currently getting a
> complaint from Hans for editing a file that doesn't belong to him,
> without asking
> the person's permission ? If not, when will he get a complaint ?

i don't know why you want to depict a scenery with hans sitting there
like a bulldog and watching people to not mess around with other's code.
it's not like that.

however, i guess the main reason why i did not edit those files earlier
was that i did not felt responsible for them (read: it is not my code,
it belongs to somebody else)

i can assure you, that this is an entirely internal business of mine,
and has nothing to do with any watchdogs.

> who is externals/OSCx/* belonging to, anyway ?

iirc, it's belonging to oswald; since he has left Pd a long time ago in
favour of SC, i don't think he minds so much if somebody modifies this
code (he's probably happy to not be associated too much with
unmaintained and buggy code)

gsmdft
IOhannes