[PD] length in midifile

colet.patrice at free.fr colet.patrice at free.fr
Thu Apr 22 12:08:31 CEST 2010

It's not me that has decided there is no midi note length, it's the midi protocol creators.

 you have Note On for playing the note, and Note Off to stop playing the note, how would it be better?

for this reason we often use [stripnote] because [makenote] sends a Note On and a Note Off (the same note with velocity zero)

that's also why there is an object like [poly] that can redistribute those On and Off notes.

 Just read about midi protocol!