[PD] xcode compiling issue

Andrew May Andrew.May at unt.edu
Fri Apr 23 23:15:13 CEST 2010

I'm having trouble using xcode to compile an external (not audio,
pretty simple c code).
Using Intel machine, OS 10.5, xcode 3.0;
I followed the directions in :
http://puredata.info/docs/developer/PdExternalsInXcode/
and it appears to compile cleanly. However, when I try to use the
external in a patch I get a dlopen error:

no suitable image found.  Did find:
	( ... the compiled external ... ): unknown file type, first eight
bytes: 0x21 0x3C 0x61 0x72 0x63 0x68 0x3E 0x0A

Has anyone found this error and/or a solution?

Failing that, could anyone share a robust makefile for building an
external that runs on both ppc and i386 using gcc?
I tried that, but got "Undefined symbols" errors for all the pd
classes (perhaps it's not finding m_pd.h, but I thought I set the path
carefully enough...)

Many thanks for any help!

Andrew

*****

Andrew May
Associate Professor of Musiceeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Director, Center for Experimental Music and Intermedia

College of Music, Box 311367
University of North Texas
Denton, TX  76203-1367

1.940.891.6816 tel