[PD] Problems Following Floss "Generating Waveforms" Article

Alex Lucas alex3lucas at googlemail.com
Tue Apr 27 22:06:43 CEST 2010

Hello,

I've been trying to follow the examples given in the Floss manual for
generating waveforms using an array. Unfortunately I'm having problems as
when I generate a sinewave in this way I seem to be getting an unwanted
clipping noise. The standard osc~ object sounds a lot smoother in
comparison. I've attached a patch which compares the two waveforms. The
Floss article can be found here
http://en.flossmanuals.net/PureData/GeneratingWaveforms Any help with this
would be very much appreciated, it may just be my soundcard
acting strangely.

Thanks,
Alex