[PD] how to log complete pd sessions

Pedro Lopes pedro.lopes at ist.utl.pt
Thu Apr 29 14:32:00 CEST 2010

On PD you can use the -verbose and - debug <level> options, for instance:

$ pd -verbose -d 2
If you start pd like that you be nlown away, it outputs everything, from
diferent debug levels.
If you use debug level = 1 you get different things, and so on... actually I
never found that info detailed anywhere - and I guess it makes a good
question to post here in the list..!

I'm running in Linux (ubuntu 9.10 rt), but It should be transparent, as far
as logging in Windows you can redirect the output of a program in cmd to a
file, using *>> file.txt.

It should work.
Best of luck,
Pedro
*

On Thu, Apr 29, 2010 at 12:33 PM, Gil More <trovatron at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> hi there,
>
> i'd like to have log-files of complete pd sessions - ideally with a time
> stamp - so that i can kind of rerun the whole process of patch creation. i
> can get pd with the debugging option to output all actions, but i
> unfortunately do not know how to store (and timestamp) all that.
>
> i'm on a win xp machine and tried some dos piping (>) but apparently it did
> not do the job. i also could not get cygwin to work for me. any smart
> solutions like sending to some other app or something?
>
> thanks a bunch!
> Xstal

Pedro Lopes
contacto: jazz at radiozero.pt