[PD] how to log complete pd sessions

Claude Heiland-Allen claudiusmaximus at goto10.org
Thu Apr 29 14:46:48 CEST 2010

Gil More wrote:
> hi there,
>
> i'd like to have log-files of complete pd sessions - ideally with a time stamp - so that i can kind of rerun the whole process of patch creation. i can get pd with the debugging option to output all actions, but i unfortunately do not know how to store (and timestamp) all that.

Pd doesn't support this directly, but maybe you could stick a proxy in
between pd and pd-gui to capture/replay sessions.

Something like peerdata (formerly known as multipd) might work:

http://svn.umlaeute.mur.at/svnroot/zmoelnig/projects/peerdata/

(But I've just seen IOhannes' reply saying there will probably be
problems even if you get logging working.)

Other than that, maybe use recordmydesktop to get a video file, not the
same thing I know...

Claude

--
http://claudiusmaximus.goto10.org