[PD] Errors after renaming patch with exotic chars in filename

Florian Hollerweger flo at mur.at
Sun May 2 19:53:59 CEST 2010

Dear list,

In the project I am working on, I used two have two abstractions with
exotic characters in their filenames:

	[time<]
	[<=>]

After renaming those to something more sensible, I get the following
error messages when I open these abstractions from their "parent" patch
(i.e. the patch which uses them as abstractions) and then try to edit
and save them:

	error: .xa98a600: no such object
	error: .xa9aef98: no such object
	error: .xaa2f3d8: no such object
	[...]

I assume there is some sort of "invisible leftover" of the old filenames
in the "parent" patch. Any ideas what would be the fastest way to get
rid of this? I already tried copying & pasting both abstractions
themselves and the "parent" patch to a new file, but that didn't help.
Having said that, there are some dependencies in between (abstractions
in the "parent" patch which call those two abstractions), which I did
not copy and paste to to new files, so maybe the culprit is there?

best,
flo.