[PD] Problem with path and Pd Vanilla

Jack jack at rybn.org
Wed May 5 14:13:18 CEST 2010

Le mercredi 05 mai 2010 à 09:04 +0200, IOhannes m zmölnig a écrit :

> Jack wrote:
> >> with ./configure, i have only :
> >> pure-data:
> >>   version                : 0.42
> >>   extension              : pd_linux
> >> Is it enough ?
>
> it doesn't tell.
>
> the simplest way to find out, is to start Pd without any paths
> (-noprefs), load Gem, and create an [hsv2rgb] object.
> you can also add "-verbose -verbose" to see whether it's adding it's own
> path at startup.
With pd -verbose -verbose, i get :

opened 0 MIDI input device(s) and 0 MIDI output device(s).
input channels = 2, output channels = 2
opened /dev/dsp for reading and writing

setchan 2
channels originally 1 for /dev/dsp
opened audio output on /dev/dsp\; got 2 channels
setting nfrags = 8, fragsize 1024

audiobuffer set to 50 msec
already opened it
setchan 2
error: OSS: SOUND_DSP_READ_CHANNELS failed /dev/dsp
opened audio input device /dev/dsp\; got 2 channels
tried ./Gem.l_i386 and failed
tried /usr/lib/pd/extra/Gem/Gem.l_i386 and failed
tried /usr/lib/pd/extra/zexy/Gem.l_i386 and failed
tried /usr/lib/pd/extra/pmpd/Gem.l_i386 and failed
tried /usr/lib/pd/extra/Gem.l_i386 and failed
tried ./Gem.pd_linux and failed
tried /usr/lib/pd/extra/Gem/Gem.pd_linux and succeeded
warning: class 'pix_filmQT' overwritten\; old one renamed
'pix_filmQT_aliased'
GEM: Graphics Environment for Multimedia
GEM: ver: 0.92.3
GEM: compiled: May  4 2010
GEM: maintained by IOhannes m zmoelnig
GEM: Authors :	Mark Danks (original version)
GEM:		Chris Clepper
GEM:		Cyrille Henry
GEM:		IOhannes m zmoelnig
GEM: with help by Guenter Geiger, Daniel Heckenberg, James Tittle,
Hans-Christop Steiner, et al.
GEM: found a bug? miss a feature? please report it:
GEM: 	homepage http://gem.iem.at/
GEM: 	bug-tracker http://sourceforge.net/projects/pd-gem/
GEM: compiled for SIMD architecture: MMX
GEM: using MMX optimization

So ? ;)

I also try with pd -noprefs and add path and load Gem. Then i create
[hsv2rgb] without problem (is it the correct procedure ?).
Thanx for your help.
++

Jack