[PD] ubuntu powerpc

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Wed May 5 19:14:11 CEST 2010

If you are running Ubuntu, it is not very hard to build the whole Pd-
extended yourself.  That's what I recommend you do.  Then once you get
a build, we can post it to the download page for anyone else to use.
I recommend the 0.42.5 beta build since its close to release.

- install all the dependencies: http://puredata.info/docs/developer/Debian
- get the source: http://puredata.info/docs/developer/GettingPdSource
- build the package
- install the package

Basically, just run this in a terminal:

rsync -av --delete rsync://128.238.56.50/distros/pd-extended/ pd-
extended/
cd pd-extended/packages/linux_make
make install && make package

If you have all of the right packages installed, you'll end up with a
Pd-0.42.5-extended.deb, which you can install:

dpkg -i Pd-0.42.5-extended.deb

.hc