[PD] -nosleep flag not doing anything? (Ubuntu 10.4 - Pd-extended 0.42.5)

Ingo Scherzinger ingo at miamiwave.com
Thu May 6 20:13:43 CEST 2010

I just noticed that the -nosleep flag dosn't seem to do anything. When I
take a look at the system monitor it says about pd "sleeping" until I do
something. Even while doing some "light" things it keeps saying "sleeping".
Is there any condition I have to set in the system to recognise the
-nosleep flag. Realtime is turned on. I had to change some audio properties
to be able to use -rt without being root. Is there something similar about
"-nosleep"? Does the "-nosleep" flag actually help anything? Especially when
the system load gets heavy?

Ingo