[PD] xsample as easy to install libdir

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Fri May 7 02:22:49 CEST 2010

Yeah, this stuff has only recently been well documented and
explored... but welcome to the club :)

.hc

On May 6, 2010, at 6:51 PM, Thomas Grill wrote:

> sorry, i'm a late adopter, you know. gr~~~
>
> 2010/5/6 Hans-Christoph Steiner <hans at at.or.at>:
>>
>> Yeah, the part with naming the folder the same as the binary goes
>> way back,
>> like 2002 at least.  Then it also happens to look for the help
>> patches in
>> that folder first.  That's also old.  The 'examples' folder is an
>> addition
>> for the Libdir format, that's mostly useful for the new Help
>> Browser in
>> Pd-extended 0.42 vanilla/gui-rewrite 0.43.
>>
>> .hc
>>
>> On May 6, 2010, at 3:14 PM, Thomas Grill wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Hans,
>>> thanks for that... i've never dealt with libdirs.... do i just
>>> have to
>>> name the folder the same as the library and put all the binaries
>>> into
>>> it?
>>> I'll try to follow that scheme for the binaries on my server.
>>> gr~~~

>>> --
>>> Thomas Grill
>>> http://grrrr.org

>> "Making boring techno music is really easy with modern tools, but
>> with live
>> coding, boring techno is much harder." - Chris McCormick
>>

> --
> Thomas Grill
> http://grrrr.org

Terrorism is not an enemy.  It cannot be defeated.  It's a tactic.
expect we're going to win that war.  We're not going to win the war on
terrorism.        - retired U.S. Army general, William Odom