[PD] Ubuntu Realtime setup

Pierre Massat pimassat at gmail.com
Fri May 7 10:30:57 CEST 2010

Does anybody know how to have access to HIDs in Pd without having to run as
root? I've read that this was considered a security breach and that newer
versions of Ubuntu, Fedora, etc. had this "fixed".
Anyway, that's nice to have this howto on the wiki. You don't seem to have
mentioned the rt-kernel anywhere, though. That'd be nice to have another
paragraph about it, as i think one doesn't get the same performances with
realtime permissions in a rt vs. non-rt kernel.

Pierre