[PD] Gigs with Pd

Ricardo Lameiro ricardolameiro at gmail.com
Fri May 7 12:46:14 CEST 2010

Hello list,

Well i do have in mind some ideas i want to implement with pd/hardware, one
of them is using a single board computer to run pd
without GUI, just using some little lcd screen. Maybe using a beagle board,
that features a ARM Cortex A8 that has some floating point support, with the
NEON instruction SET(I will need to recompile Pd for that).

Other than that i can also post the Hardware/Setup i used on some
performances.

The hardware list is :
Computer - Dell Studio 1737
Audio Interface - Edirol FA-101
MIDI Foot controller - Behringer FCB1010
Bassoon bocal pickup
a wireless send/receive from Sennheiser
and sometimes I use external sensors, like the wiimote, or some others
connected to an Arduino board.

Software side is:

OS: UbuntuStudio,
Driver/sound server: Jack/FFADO
and of course, Pd

I have a video of one of the performances, it was my first public
performance using RT effects and using Pd,
It is not very good, but I am looking forward to improve it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNsOtl8ia0k

2010/5/7 Pierre Massat <pimassat at gmail.com>

> What kind of documentation would you like?
> I can tell you about the hardware:
> - Dell D520 Laptop with Intel Core2 Duo, with Fedora 12 and the Planet
> CCRMA rt kernel.
> - EMU 0404 USB soundcard (2 ins 2 outs)
> - A small Shure transformer to turn the balanced output of the soundcard
> into an unbalanced input for the amp.
> - Foot controller made off the cheapest USB analog gamepad one can find
> (I'd recommend going for a higher quality, though...)
>
> I could send you some pictures of the controller, too. As i said before i
> doubt that my patch is written well enough for it to be worth sharing. Yet
> i'll always be there to help if someone wants to make his own.
>
> Pierre
>
> 2010/5/7 Hans-Christoph Steiner <hans at at.or.at>
>

>> It would be great to see some documentation of this setup so that others
>> can learn from it.  You might be interested in Pd on Android, iPhone, Maemo,
>> etc. and other mobile devices.  Mobile devices are getting quite powerful,
>> and they are already small.  Then you'd even have a battery powered setup ;)
>>
>> .hc
>>

>> On May 2, 2010, at 8:37 AM, Pierre Massat wrote:
>>
>>  Hello everyone!
>>>
>>> There was a discussion not too long ago about suitability of Pd in a live
>>> context (off the "smoother audio" thread i think). I just wanted to say that
>>> i use Pd everytime i play a gig with my band as a super multi effects. I
>>> have never experienced any crash in Pd, and the sound is just excellent, and
>>> everybody keeps asking me what the hell are these pedals and this software
>>> and how the eff do i make all these sounds, and well, i just think this is
>>> the future. I m just hoping that sometime soon we'll have a piece of
>>> hardware that's small and powerful enough to run Pd in realtime and I'll
>>> have the perfect gear (perfect for me).
>>> Just wanted to share this.
>>>
>>> Cheers!
>>>
>>> Pierre

>> I have always wished for my computer to be as easy to use as my telephone;
>> my wish has come true because I can no longer figure out how to use my
>> telephone."  --Bjarne Stroustrup (creator of C++)

Fagote / Contrafagote
Bassoon / Contra-bassoon
http://myspace.com/ricardolameiro