[PD] pd on windows 7

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Fri May 7 20:37:50 CEST 2010

We are lacking Pd developers who use Windows, so the Windows side of
things is not always well supported.  If anyone knows some basic
windows programming and wants to take it on, we can help them get up
to speed on the Pd side of things.  I currently only have access to a
WinXP box, but I'll try to get on someone's Windows 7 machine to test
things.

Submit bugs to the bug tracker!  Then when I am on a Windows 7 box, I
can go thru them all.  But yes, Pd works much better on GNU/Linux.
Ubuntu is a good choice for Pd.

.hc

On May 7, 2010, at 2:14 PM, Jeffrey Concepcion wrote:

> Is there a working version of pd for windows 7? i read about some
> problems some of you were having, or would it be a better idea to
> run linux (i've also been told pd works better in this environment).
> ubuntu or linux studio, right?
>
> jeff
>
> --
> www.avmachinists.org Puerto Rico based Art Collective/ Non-Profit Org

I have the audacity to believe that peoples everywhere can have three
and dignity, equality and freedom for their spirits.      - Martin
Luther King, Jr.