[PD] foot controller

Pierre Massat pimassat at gmail.com
Sat May 8 09:57:47 CEST 2010

http://www.got2getalife.com/DesktopCP/usbhack.html

http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=64050.0

http://bubbasarcade.tripod.com/home/id1.html

That's the kind of stuff one can find in google.
I'll also send you some pictures of the inside of my foot controller, that
might help.

As i said in another thread i recommend buying a relatively good gamepad,
especially if one wants to use pots (as in an expression pedal for
instance). What happens with cheap gamepads is that the data [hid] gets is
not linear any more (it grows from 0 to say 90 as it should, then it gets
stuck around 125 for a while, jumps to 150 and grows normally up to 255).
This implies that your expression pedal will behave in a strange way. I thus
strongly recommend testing the gamepad first with [hid] before hacking.

Pierre