[PD] Stable Pd-extended package for Ubuntu 10.04LTS?

mark hadman markhadman at googlemail.com
Sat May 8 20:31:13 CEST 2010

On 8 May 2010 17:37, Hans-Christoph Steiner <hans at at.or.at> wrote:
> Please report the crashes on 042.5 so we can fix them.  That's the
> Pd-extended version targeted at 10.04.

OK... could you confirm a couple of facts for me, since there is such
a mess of info out there...

(1) You (Hans) are the 'main' known maintainer/builder of pd-extended,
at least for debian/ubuntu?
(2) There are no stable builds of pd-extended for Karmic or Lucid (yet)?

pd-ext just completely disappeared on me, twice, while editing
completely different stuff within the space of two hours. Neither
error was easily reproducible (ie going back and doing more or less
the same again didn't crash pd again). If I try the nightly build
again I will run it from a terminal and try to document errors (where
- on this list?), but in all seriousness I just need a rock-stable
system to code and perform on - if there's no such thing for Lucid yet
I may have to go (reluctantly) go for pd-vanilla or puredyne.

thanks for replying,

mark h