[PD] object that reports window name of the currently opened sub patch?

Ingo Scherzinger ingo at miamiwave.com
Mon May 10 12:16:55 CEST 2010

Is there a way to get the name of the currently opened subpatch reported to
the main patch as soon as it's activated?

I would like to assign the thumb button to toggle between edit mode and
noedit mode. It should report the name without having to put something in
all of the subpatches or having to click on something. Then I could send a
edit mode on/off message to that window.

On Windows I use "Macro Express" to toggle edit mode on any current window
with a mouse button. It saves an unbelievable amount of time if you need
your other hand free.

Maybe there is another way on Linux (Ubuntu 10.04) to assign a mouse button
to a specific function (like edit on/off)?

Ingo