[PD] vista & win7 support ?

patko colet.patrice at free.fr
Mon May 10 17:28:35 CEST 2010

> just replace "print NO_match" by "print Nomatch"

in fact print doesn't support more than seven characters is argument symbol

the bug is easy to reproduce:
in a new patch create a [print aaaaaaaa]  object and close, it will crash,
but under certain conditions, it doesn't crash with the version I often use,
 and I've no clue why, this bug is so tricky,
it looks like a windows memory restriction nightmare.

I'm certain the bug come from those lines from x_interface.c:

    if (argc)
    {
        t_binbuf *bb = binbuf_new();
        binbuf_add(bb, argc, argv);
        binbuf_gettext(bb, &buf, &bufsize);
        buf[bufsize] = 0;
        x->x_sym = gensym(buf);
        binbuf_free(bb);
    }

if you remove this the arg symbol won't crash pd.

it's just weird.