[PD] understanding graphics objects on canvas

Ivica Ico Bukvic ico at vt.edu
Mon May 10 17:46:32 CEST 2010

So, I've been playing with scalars a bit and am still not quite sure I
understand how to actually create a new object/instance on canvas window
that can then use templates etc.

All tutorials already have those created and while I can change their
properties, I cannot for the love of the world figure out how to create
a new instance from scratch without copying and pasting existing one.
Copy/paste obviously works but how to create first one from scratch? In
other words, how does one create such an object in their own patch
without having to resort to copying and pasting from tutorial patches?
Or to put it more simply, what is the "create canvas object" method?

Thanks!

ico