[PD] rdz PPA

Roman Haefeli reduzierer at yahoo.de
Mon May 10 18:02:50 CEST 2010

Hi Martin

On Mon, 2010-05-10 at 11:42 -0400, Martin Eckart wrote:
> I'm trying to compile pd-extended from source (on Lucid amd64) and want
> to be sure that gmerlin is compiled into GEM.  I came across Roman's ppa
> at https://launchpad.net/~reduzierer/+archive/rdz-pd-extra
> +deps?field.series_filter=lucid

I only added the packages, that [readanysf~] depending on, which is
libgemrlin-avdec1 and libgavl1. gmerlin is a completely different
package, which is not part of my PPA.

> but although I add it like any other, apt doesn't seem to update the
> packages from the ppa (if I run "sudo apt-get update | grep ppa" my
> other ppa's are displayed but not rdz).  I've managed to download and
> install the individual packages from the web front-end but I thought I'd
> mention this issue on here.
>
> Maybe there's a configuration issue in the ppa for Lucid amd64?  Maybe I
> did something wrong?

Only now I realized, that Gem indeed checks for libgmerlin-avdec1 (and
not for gmerlin, libgmerlin or the like). Since this package is not part
of the main distro, 'sudo aptitude install libgmerlin-avdec-dev ' should
install it. If your aptitude still cannot find it, make sure, that this
line:

deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/reduzierer/rdz-pd-extra+deps/ubuntu lucid main

is part of your /etc/apt/sources.list. If this still isn't the reason
for this PPA not showing up in your aptitude, then I don't know, what
could be wrong.

> Thanks for providing this btw!

You're welcome!

Roman