[PD] rdz PPA

Martin Eckart imartron at gmail.com
Mon May 10 18:54:23 CEST 2010

> I only added the packages, that [readanysf~] depending on, which is
> libgemrlin-avdec1 and libgavl1. gmerlin is a completely different
> package, which is not part of my PPA.

Sorry I wasn't specific, GEM needs libgmerlin-avdec too.

> > Maybe there's a configuration issue in the ppa for Lucid amd64?  Maybe I
> > did something wrong?
>
> Only now I realized, that Gem indeed checks for libgmerlin-avdec1 (and
> not for gmerlin, libgmerlin or the like). Since this package is not part
> of the main distro, 'sudo aptitude install libgmerlin-avdec-dev ' should
> install it. If your aptitude still cannot find it, make sure, that this
> line:
>
> deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/reduzierer/rdz-pd-extra+deps/ubuntu lucid main
>
> is part of your /etc/apt/sources.list. If this still isn't the reason
> for this PPA not showing up in your aptitude, then I don't know, what
> could be wrong.

There's a file called /etc/apt/sources.list.d/reduzierer-rdz-pd-extra
+deps-lucid.list whose contents are:
---
deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/reduzierer/rdz-pd-extra+deps/ubuntu lucid
main
---
I assume Lucid just organizes sources.list a little differently than
previous versions.  The other PPAs I have are handled the same way.

Curiously, in synaptic when sorting by Origin, your ppa is the only one
that isn't in the list.  This smells like a small quirky bug and my best
guesses at the moment are that either apt doesn't really like the '+'
character in the PPA name or my version of Lucid doesn't think your PPA
contains any packages for 64 bit lucid.

> > Thanks for providing this btw!
>
> You're welcome!
This was one of the easiest compiling experiences I've ever had in
ubuntu.  Following the pd-extended instructions and grabbing your
gmerlin .debs everything came together automatically into a nice
little .deb.

For anyone interested in that (it might work on your amd64 Lucid) you
can download it from:
http://imartron.com/misc/Pd-0.42.5-extended-20100510ppa1~Lucid1.deb

I'll figure out how to make my own ppa for that one day.

-martin