[PD] [PD-announce] [wiimote] for ubuntu

Roman Haefeli reduzierer at yahoo.de
Mon May 10 23:12:55 CEST 2010

On Mon, 2010-05-10 at 16:18 -0400, Martin Eckart wrote:
> This package is working almost perfectly for me in Lucid.  The main
> issue I'm having right now is that the nunchuck is being mis-recognized
> as the classic controller for which there is no support.  I get the
> message "Classic controller attached. There is no real support for this
> yet." when plugging in the nunchuck and none of the nunchuck functions
> work.

Thanks for reporting. I don't have a nunchuk to test myself, but since
you say, that wmgui recognizes it correctly, it seems like a bug in
[wiimote]. Interestingly wmgui recognizes my 'classic controller' and
also displays the controls correctly, but not the MotionPlus. It looks
like the cwiid library has support for all three extensions, but wmgui
and [wiimote] don't have all implemented.

> Nunchuck works fine in wmgui so there's something funny in the wiimote
> abstraction I think.

I guess the best would be to open a new ticket in the bug tracker.
Hopefully a mercyful soul will fix it.

Roman