[PD] [PD-announce] [wiimote] for ubuntu

Yvan Vander Sanden yvan at youngmusic.org
Tue May 11 09:14:33 CEST 2010

I'm not much into pd lately, but noticed the message in my inbox stream
because of the wii label.

Anyway, if you want to, there's still some code online i wrote a few years
back. I also started out from mike's code and updated and improved things a
bit. Added a few extra objects for easier message handling and such. It's
still working on my 9.04 ubuntu but i only use it for a few old compositions
now. Feel free to copy out some code if you can use it.

http://youngmusic.org/wiki/index.php/Wiilib

Regards,

yvan

On Mon, May 10, 2010 at 11:12 PM, Roman Haefeli <reduzierer at yahoo.de> wrote:

> On Mon, 2010-05-10 at 16:18 -0400, Martin Eckart wrote:
> > This package is working almost perfectly for me in Lucid.  The main
> > issue I'm having right now is that the nunchuck is being mis-recognized
> > as the classic controller for which there is no support.  I get the
> > message "Classic controller attached. There is no real support for this
> > yet." when plugging in the nunchuck and none of the nunchuck functions
> > work.
>
> Thanks for reporting. I don't have a nunchuk to test myself, but since
> you say, that wmgui recognizes it correctly, it seems like a bug in
> [wiimote]. Interestingly wmgui recognizes my 'classic controller' and
> also displays the controls correctly, but not the MotionPlus. It looks
> like the cwiid library has support for all three extensions, but wmgui
> and [wiimote] don't have all implemented.
>
> > Nunchuck works fine in wmgui so there's something funny in the wiimote
> > abstraction I think.
>
> I guess the best would be to open a new ticket in the bug tracker.
> Hopefully a mercyful soul will fix it.
>
> Roman

Copyright only exists in the imagination of those who do not have any.