[PD] Linux, video1394 support?

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Tue May 11 16:08:46 CEST 2010

On 2010-05-11 15:54, Michal Seta wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have been trying to get a Point Grey Firefly (firewire) camera
> working in Linux (Karmic).  It works fine with ReactiVision and
> coriander (the only 2 apps I tried).  In pd, I was preferring
> [pix_video] but neither v4l2 driver nor dv1394 works (I believe this
> is a dc camera).

[pix_video] has no support for IIDC cameras yet.
it's planned for the next release, however.

the "dv" backend in pix_video refers to camcorder's (those ieee1394
cameras that don't work with coriander); it doesn't work with the new
juju stack, however (found in recent linux kernels; most distributions
seem to only ship this new stack :-()

> Does anyone have any experience with this camera in linux?  Does
> anyone know of any OpenCV frontend that could deal with this kind of
> camera from where I could send OSC or something like that?
>
> I need to get it working within a week :)

if it is working with coriander, you should be able to pipe the data
from coriander into Gem, using a vloopback device.
make sure that you specify the proper dimensions on both sides manually.

fgmasdr
IOhannes