[PD] pd-extended recent autobuilds

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Tue May 11 18:22:45 CEST 2010

Correct, Pd-extended will use .pdextended instead of .pdsettings.
This kind of stuff is a common source of confusion for newbies.  And
others complain of wanting to set vanilla and extended prefs separately.

.hc

On May 11, 2010, at 9:46 AM, Michal Seta wrote:

> Hi Hans,
>
> Hmm...  interesting.  So does it mean that they do not share
> pdsettings anymore either?  I am not sure if I see any advantages with
> this approach (and I don't really have enough brain estate now to
> actually ponder that question, next month probably :)) but thanks for
> clearing that up.
>
> ./MiS
>
> On Tue, May 11, 2010 at 1:07 AM, Hans-Christoph Steiner
> <hans at at.or.at> wrote:
>>
>> The 'pd-extended' package can now co-exist with the official
>> 'puredata'
>> package, hence the binary being called 'pdextended'.  It should
>> show up in
>> the applications menu, so that's a bug.  As for pdsend/pdreceive,
>> install
>> 'puredata' to get those.  Ultimately, I think those will go into a
>> pd-common
>> package or something like that.
>>
>> .hc
>>
>> On May 10, 2010, at 4:23 PM, Michal Seta wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all + Hans,
>>>
>>> I just installed pd-extended (0.42.5 build of april 30 2010) on a
>>> new
>>> machine to discover that it is now called pdextended and it does not
>>> show up in the applications menu (should I report a bug somewhere?)
>>> and that pdsend is missing.  Is pdsend/pdreceive being phased out?
>>> Are these changes documented somewhere?
>>> --
>>> ./MiS

>> If nature has made any one thing less susceptible than all others of
>> exclusive property, it is the action of the thinking power called
>> an idea,
>> which an individual may exclusively possess as long as he keeps it to
>> himself; but the moment it is divulged, it forces itself into the
>> possession
>> of everyone, and the receiver cannot dispossess himself of
>> it.            -
>> Thomas Jefferson

I hate it when they say, "He gave his life for his country."  Nobody
gives their life for anything.  We steal the lives of these kids.  -
Admiral Gene LeRocque