[PD] pd-extended recent autobuilds

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Tue May 11 18:22:57 CEST 2010

On May 11, 2010, at 11:35 AM, IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:

> On 2010-05-11 07:07, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
>>
>> The 'pd-extended' package can now co-exist with the official
>> 'puredata'
>> package, hence the binary being called 'pdextended'.  It should
>> show up
>> in the applications menu, so that's a bug.  As for pdsend/pdreceive,
>> install 'puredata' to get those.  Ultimately, I think those will go
>> into
>> a pd-common package or something like that.
>
> pd-utils is what i proposed; i think this neatly lines up with other
> *-utils or *-tools packages...
>
> *-common is usually for infrastracture that the real packages depend
> on;
> neither Pd not PdX _need_ pdsend/pdreceive..
>
> anyhow, i think that Pd-extended should provide an "alternative" for
> /usr/bin/pd.
>

> see http://github.com/umlaeute/puredata for how i roughly implemented
> the package split and alternatives for /usr/bin/puredata
>
> fgmat
> IOhannes

Sounds good to me, but I don't think this release of Pd-extended will
include all that.  For the next release, where all of the libs will be
separate packages, it can then work like that.

I hate it when they say, "He gave his life for his country."  Nobody
gives their life for anything.  We steal the lives of these kids.  -
Admiral Gene LeRocque