[PD] [PD-announce] [wiimote] for ubuntu

Ivica Ico Bukvic ico at vt.edu
Tue May 11 19:02:31 CEST 2010

> Fantastic!  I compiled your code and now the nunchuk just works.
> Looking into your code a bit it seems as though the original wiimote
> external misspelled nunchuk and you've compensated for it:
> ---
> // support the spelling mistake in the original version :-)
> 	class_addmethod(wiimote_class, (t_method)wiimote_nunchuk,
> gensym("reportNunchuck"), A_DEFFLOAT, 0);
> 	class_addmethod(wiimote_class, (t_method)wiimote_nunchuk,
> gensym("reportNunchuk"), A_DEFFLOAT, 0);
> ---
>
> I couldn't find the original wiimote code easily so it's hard to check
> whether that could be made to work too.
>
> -martin

You can also simply try disis_wiimote (available from http://l2ork.music.vt.edu -> click on Join the L2Orkmania -> Software) which is fully threaded dsp xrun-safe iteration of wiimote code and works with wiimotes/nunchuks and to the best of my knowledge also with classic controller (although I've not tested it personally).

Ico