[PD] OSCSerial for windows

Pedro Lopes pedro.lopes at ist.utl.pt
Wed May 12 04:22:15 CEST 2010

Why not using the solution they place there?

<quoting their wiki page>
Windows

Unfortunately, these objects have not yet been compiled for Windows. Until
they are, you can use a small utility program that receives incoming serial
data and sends it to a network port as UDP data.

   - First, download
serialosc2udp.zip<http://ccrma.stanford.edu/courses/250a/pd/serialosc2udp.zip>
   .

   - Copy the file serialosc2udp.exe to your C:\ccrma\bin

   - Open the Windows command window and Run from the command line:
   "serialosc2udp.exe COM# localhost 999" where '#' is your serial com port
   number.

   - Shut down your firewall

   - In Pd, make sure you have the standard OSC objects installed. Create a
   "dumpOSC" object with port "999" as the argument.

</quoting their wiki page>

Or you wanted a single object that could perform that in Windows?

<quoting their wiki page>
Or, you can download the source from
pd_OSCserial_src20070810.tar.gz<http://ccrma.stanford.edu/courses/250a/pd/pd_OSCserial_src20070810.tar.gz>.
If you want to develop these objects at CCRMA with the subversion
repository, you must belong to the pid group. E-mail gurevich (at) ccrma and
carrlane (at) ccrma to request to be added to the group.
</quoting their wiki page>

Or... you can always try to compile the source in windows and make the
needed changes.

--
Pedro Lopes
contacto: jazz at radiozero.pt