[PD] Data Structures abs (was:Re: understanding graphics objects on canvas)

patko colet.patrice at free.fr
Wed May 12 12:02:45 CEST 2010

----- "João Pais" <jmmmpais at googlemail.com> a écrit :

> Data structures can be a very powerful mean to graphically
> display/interact with the patch (to perform, display, compose, ...).
> But
> without some improvements they'll still be a hidden part of pd. And
> afaik,

 The algorithms we get when implementing data structures
for managing large amount of informations in realtime,
seems to be simplier and faster than using list objects,
without plotting anything, but there are not a lot of examples.

Didn't someone made a set of abs for this?

 Wouldn't it be nice to have a set of patches that eases the access
to the struct, doing all the route-in, or a class of data structures objects
like the list-abs? Having it for graphical stuff would be nice too.

cp