[PD] Classic Controlloer for [wiimote] (was: [wiimote] for ubuntu)

Roman Haefeli reduzierer at yahoo.de
Thu May 13 14:16:38 CEST 2010

Hi

On Wed, 2010-05-12 at 10:45 +0200, IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:
> i don't have so much hardware to test it, though i tried my best to add
> support for motionplus, classic,

When connecting to a wiimote with a Classic Controller attached,
[wiimote] prints to the Pd console:

 wiimote 0 is successfully connected
 Retrieved wiimote calibration: zero=(123,123,123) one=(147,148,148)
 Classic controller attached. There is no real support for this yet.
 Classic controller attached. There is no real support for this yet.

Pressing keys and using the analog sticks of the extension doesn't cause
any output, also there doesn't seem to be a method to activate
reporting.

I found two indications for a previous activation to be necessary:
 * When [wiimote] is connected to a wiimote with attached Classic
Controller, using the Classic Controller does not cause any bluetooth
traffic
 * in the wmgui example from cwiid, also the Classic Controller (like
Nunchuk and MotionPlus) needs to be activated. Once it is activated,
there is bluetooth activity when using it (of course).

In the wiimote.c source I was unable (with my limited c skills) to find
any hint, that a 'reportClassic' or similar method exists. So probably
this is the reason, that Classic Controller currently doesn't work in
[wiimote]. The same probably applies to the Balance extension, which I
am unable to test myself.

Also it would like to hear some feedback about the Nunchuk support.

Roman