[PD] tabletool

William Brent william.brent at gmail.com
Fri May 14 00:27:44 CEST 2010

Hi list,

I've been meaning to make this extern for a long time, and today was
the day.  It's a table manipulation tool that covers the top items on
my table wish-list for now.  I'm sure there are plenty more things to
add. There is a lot of redundant functionality with list-abs and some
with zexy (like table dumping). Here's a link where you can download
the extern & source, and a list of functions. It's hot off the press
and not tested, so if anyone has time to check it, let me know of bugs
and I'll correct them.  I hope this ends up being useful for someone
besides me...

http://williambrent.conflations.com/pages/research.html#tabletool

- dumping a table to a list
- reporting the length of a table
- offsetting (adding a constant to all values)
- scaling (multiplying all values by a scalar)
- curve smoothing
- shifting values forward or back by index
- shuffling values randomly
- sorting values low to high
- reversing
- inverting
- normalizing to a specified range
- normalizing so values sum to 1.0
- copying a source table to a target table
- copying a specified range of a source table to a target table
- lacing alternating values from two tables into one table
- table sum
- table mean
- table arithmetic mean
- table geometric mean
- table integration
- table differentiation
- counting occurrences of a value
- index (or multiple indices) of a particular value

--
William Brent
www.williambrent.com

“Great minds flock together”
Conflations: conversational idiom for the 21st century

www.conflations.com