[PD] Classic Controlloer for [wiimote]

Roman Haefeli reduzierer at yahoo.de
Fri May 14 13:52:56 CEST 2010

Hi all

On Thu, 2010-05-13 at 14:27 +0200, IOhannes m zmölnig wrote:
> Roman Haefeli wrote:
> > When connecting to a wiimote with a Classic Controller attached,
> > [wiimote] prints to the Pd console:
> >
> >  wiimote 0 is successfully connected
> >  Retrieved wiimote calibration: zero=(123,123,123) one=(147,148,148)
> >  Classic controller attached. There is no real support for this yet.
> >  Classic controller attached. There is no real support for this yet.
>
> the warning mainly appears, because i haven't been able to test it.

It works as expected. Cool! And many thanks!
I removed the now bogus messages from wiimote.c (see attached
wiimote.patch)

> > Pressing keys and using the analog sticks of the extension doesn't cause
> > any output, also there doesn't seem to be a method to activate
> > reporting.
>
> there is, but it's not documented :-(
>
> try [report classic 1( to turn reporting on for that extension.
>
> the idea was to have only one method "report" rather than adding a new
> method "reportFooBar" for every extension there will be.

Yo, that totally makes sense in my eyes. I find it usually much easier
to deal with messages split into elements
insteadOfHavingEverythingInOneBigSymbolProabablyEvenWithCamelCase (and
it pollutes the symbol table less).

I noticed that this works also for the other reporting submethodes. I
adapted the help patch accordingly and added the missing parts for
MotionPlus and ClassicController. Both seem fully functional. Still
missing is:

 * confirmation, that nunchuk works
 * testing of balance (and completing the section in the help file)

I'll put updated deb packages online.

Roman