[PD] tabletool

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Fri May 14 19:37:36 CEST 2010

On Fri, 14 May 2010, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:

> In this particular setup, I see confusion from not knowing what the
> result is a response to.  There results are output from the same outlet
> and are not labeled in anyway.  So if you mistakenly send a "sum" when
> you want to get only "mean", you would only get a strange value and no
> sign that its a different calculation.

If you have a [sum] class and a [mean] class that both have a single
outlet, and you send a bang to an objectbox in which you mistakenly typed
[sum] instead of [mean], you get a value that is just as strange, and not
anymore of a sign that it's a different calculation.

The thing is, if you bang a messagebox connected to [tabletool], you have
to know your own patch just as much as if you write [tabletool/whatever]
as a single box.