[PD] tabletool

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Fri May 14 20:37:03 CEST 2010

On Fri, 14 May 2010, William Brent wrote:

>> What's more tidy about it ?
>
> You're right - not much.

That question is a question, not an affirmation.

> You can send "sinesum" "write" "read" "const" "resize" to a table, so
> there's already a history of methods there.

Just because there is a precedent, doesn't mean that the precedent is
good. I don't think that a precedent is automatically a worthwhile
justification in designing things. But if you talking about whether there
is a precedent in Pd (or whether something is "Pd-like"), then I can find
a precedent like that.

Now if you want to know what model I would favour, I tend to prefer having
anonymous arrays flying around in messages as if they were lists or
floats, and then have many classes rather than many methods, but use
methods to configure the objects in order to maximise their
flexibility, and remove unnecessary distinctions.