[PD] pix_motion_sector

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Sat May 15 03:39:33 CEST 2010

I can update it, but I think it makes more sense for you to have it on
your website.  Just running "make" with that makefile should do it,
after you point it to the Pd and Gem sources.

.hc

On May 14, 2010, at 8:50 PM, William Brent wrote:

> I've updated the helpfile and source for pix_motion_sector. It now
> compares pixels using RGB vectors instead of just grayscale.  Husk -
> if you're planning to use it, definitely update to this version:
>
> http://williambrent.conflations.com/pages/research.html#pix_motion_sector
>
> Hans, would you mind updating the version you're hosting as well?
>

> On Fri, May 14, 2010 at 9:27 AM, William Brent <william.brent at gmail.com
> > wrote:
>> I'll update the helpfile for [pix_motion_sector] to include a
>> subpatch
>> that does the same thing with [pix_crop], [pix_movement], and
>> [pix_dump].  I think I might also change the source and try taking
>> the
>> distance between current/previous frames using all RGB info instead
>> of
>> a greyscale approximation.  The speed issue aside, that may be a
>> significant difference from [pix_movement] worth investigating.
>>

>> On Fri, May 14, 2010 at 8:43 AM, Hans-Christoph Steiner <hans at at.or.at
>> > wrote:
>>>
>>> I'd love to see an example implementation of this as a patch, if
>>> anyone is
>>> up for it.  A lot of students ask me for this kind of video
>>> tracking.  It
>>> would be good to add to the video tracking examples.
>>>
>>> .hc

>>> "We have nothing to fear from love and commitment." - New York
>>> Senator Diane
>>> Savino, trying to convince the NY Senate to pass a gay marriage bill
>>>

>> --
>> William Brent
>> www.williambrent.com
>>
>> “Great minds flock together”
>> Conflations: conversational idiom for the 21st century
>>
>> www.conflations.com
>>

> --
> William Brent
> www.williambrent.com
>
> “Great minds flock together”
> Conflations: conversational idiom for the 21st century
>
> www.conflations.com

Looking at things from a more basic level, you can come up with a more
direct solution... It may sound small in theory, but it in practice,
it can change entire economies.     - Amy Smith