[PD] GridFlow 9.9

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Sat May 15 22:25:28 CEST 2010

On Sat, 15 May 2010, Max wrote:
> Am 15.05.2010 um 19:53 schrieb Mathieu Bouchard:
>> On Sat, 15 May 2010, Max wrote:
>>> it would be awesome if gridflow would be in pd-extended.
>> why ?
> or: why not?

Because I don't want to work on this. Ask Hans if you really need to. But
at this point I think it is easier to get users to install the correct
GridFlow, than getting users to first remove (or disable) an old GridFlow
from Pd-extended so that they can install a newer version than what would
be available in a stable Pd-extended. I mean that development of GridFlow
is going a bit fast at this point, and tends to be driven by requests of
users that wouldn't want to wait until next year... more like next month
or next week.

> well, GEM and others are included as well, why isn't gridflow?

who wants to be doing that job ?

> it would reduce the installation barrier from two steps to one step.
> that's _half_ the work ;)

and compared to how it used to be for OSX users, that's plain nothing at
all. Furthermore, if wanting to have a newer version of GridFlow, it's
more steps.

> no, actually not at all - it is very easy and on OS X putting it in
> /Library/Pd/ is great, because then it runs in every version installed
> on the system which knows [import] (so not the GUI rewrite versions from
> the autobuild afaik, but the standard Pd-etended installation).

Well, actually, I don't use [import]... I already tell all the users to
instead write it in the « Startup... » dialogue box. I suppose that in the
README that sentence could now be reversed, to suggest Startup first, "or
else" use [import].