[PD] GridFlow 9.9

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Sun May 16 18:10:28 CEST 2010

On May 15, 2010, at 11:43 AM, Max wrote:

> Am 15.05.2010 um 19:53 schrieb Mathieu Bouchard:
>> On Sat, 15 May 2010, Max wrote:
>>> it would be awesome if gridflow would be in pd-extended.
>> why ?
>
> or: why not?
>
> well, GEM and others are included as well, why isn't gridflow?
> it would reduce the installation barrier from two steps to one step.
> that's _half_ the work ;)
> for some students this can be the difference from success to
> frustration (for a minority i am glad to admit, but still).
>
>> is it hard to install it from gridflow.ca at this point ?
>
> no, actually not at all - it is very easy and on OS X putting it in /
> Library/Pd/ is great, because then it runs in every version
> installed on the system which knows [import] (so not the GUI rewrite
> versions from the autobuild afaik, but the standard Pd-etended
> installation).
>
> and (except the camera i didn't have time to dig into that)
> everything works - great stuff matthieu, thank you.
>

> m.

They've gotten gridflow to be a super easy install, just unzip and
drop in the right place, so I don't see a strong reason to get it
included in Pd-extended just yet, especially when its changing.  Pd-
extended isn't released all that often.  But with 0.42.5, you should
be able to override the built-in libraries by installing a new copy in
the user-installed folder.

                                               http://at.or.at/hans/